- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 3/4 cup pink sparkling wine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup finely chopped white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Place the strawberries in a bowl with the sparkling wine and let marinate at least 20 minutes. Drain the strawberries, reserving the sparkling wine. Set aside 1/2 cup of strawberries for a garnish.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, white chocolate, orange zest, and orange juice in a separate bowl; stir and blend until smooth.
- Spread 4 slices of raisin bread with the cream cheese mixture. Arrange the drained strawberries over the cream cheese. Top with remaining 4 slices of raisin bread to make a sandwich.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the skillet; cook until lightly toasted on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the toasted sandwiches on serving plates, and cut in half. Drizzle evenly with maple syrup, and garnish with remaining strawberries. Serve with the reserved sparkling wine.
Free printables and updates
Subscribe to get your free recipe cards and binder printables and our latest updates by email.